Sterling Silver and Ebony Evil Eye Arabic Islamic Necklace
Artisan necklace features the last verses of Surah Qalam hand carved into rare ebony wood, in a modern sterling silver setting. Simple oval pendant on an extra long chain that can be adjusted shorter by fastening the clasp anywhere on the chain. Or double the chain and wear it as an elegant layered choker.
Surah Qalam verse 68:51 of the Qur'an refers to Allah turning away the evil eyes of the foes of Prophet Mohammed. Islamic tradition holds that reciting these verses protects from or turns away the evil or jealous eye. These powerful verses are recited and displayed in various art forms through out the Muslim world.
Each piece is individually hand made following centuries old jewelry making traditions using rare, natural materials. Slight differences are imperfections are a hallmark of the individuality of this product and no two pieces will be exactly alike.
- Sterling Silver and ebony wood
- Total weight approx 22 gms
- Oval pendant measures approx 2 in.x 1.25 in. (5x 3 cm.)
- 32 in. (81cm) antique silver chain with spring clasp that can be fastened anywhere on the chain to adjust necklace length as desired
- Presented in a custom logo gift box