Truly a work of art, this necklace features goldplated sterling silver vermeil with teardrop shaped individual pieces of green Aqiq (agate), hand-etched by Turkish artisans with the names of Allah and blessings on the Prophet Mohammed. The Aqiq teardrops are accented with faceted smoky Topaz and presented on two strands of delicate faceted topaz chain.
The carving on the teardrop Aqiq on the top strand says "Bismillah-ir-Rahman-ir-Raheem" (Begin in the name of Allah, most Compassionate, most Merciful)
The carving on the center Aqiq on the bottom strand says "Masha Allah" (Praise be to Allah, an Islamic expression of praise and appreciation for all good and beautiful things)
The carvings on the two smaller teardrop Aqiqs on the bottom strand say "Allah" (God) and "Muhammed" (the Prophet's name) respectively
Aqiq (also called Aqeeq, Hakik or Agate) is a stone favored by the Prophet according to some traditions, and therefore holds spiritual significance for Muslims. Each piece is individually hand made following centuries old jewelry making traditions. Differences in engraving, slight marks and imperfections are a hallmark of the individuality of this product and no two pieces will be exactly alike.
- Total weight approx 24 gms
- Features 4 individual pieces of hand-carved aqeeq (agate), 2 larger (1 x 0.75 in. / 2.5x1.9 cm.), 2 smaller 0.75 x 0.5in.(1.9 x 1.25 cm.)
- Features 4 individual pieces of hand-carved smoky topaz, 2 larger (0.75 x 0.5 in. (1.9 x 1.25 cm.), 2 smaller 0.4 x 0.25 in.(1 x 0.5 cm.)
- Bottom tier of necklace measures 26 in. (66 cm.) all around including teardrop pendant, 21 in. (53 cm) excluding pendant
- Top tier of necklace measures 20 in. (50 cm) all around including teardrop pendant, 16 in. (41 cm) excluding pendant.
- Presented on 2 mm faceted smoky topaz strands on gold plated chain.
- Lobster claw clasp
- Hand made in Turkey
- Beautifully presented in a black custom embossed gift box with Artizara logo